Facebook Reveille

It's mindful of the Army when I awaken in the morning and pull Facebook up on this computer.  It seems my duty to take the accounting.  We are all under the Supreme Commander and the "Why" is his domain.

A large percentage are assumed to be alright and at their duty stations.  A few may be hospitalized or in surgery.  Some are at the Dispensary or Sick Bay; the Army version of the doctors office or emergency room.  Even a few may have landed in the city jail.

As I run the roster, I see the names of those who the Supreme Commander has relieved of duties and called to their final home.  I won't delete them even though they will never be present; they are in the "accounted for" bracket in my memory.

There is Ponchie Deen's friend Laverne who never was picked up on my roll, she should have been.
Linda Jones, the daily ray of sunshine that few knew of her painful body.
Joe Osborne that I met just once and you would have thought we had grown up together.
Brubaker, paralyzed from waist down but always with a bit of humor.
My cousin Aaron Wood; we had just started to get acquainted again after many years.
My son Michael Wood who took his own life after life had been stolen from him by lying tongues and hate filled hearts.

These and many others.  Sir! All present or accounted for, Sir!

Comments